- 100gr x boerewors of your choice grilled to your liking
- 1 x egg, soft poached
- 1 x small tomato, cut into halve grilled
- 40gr x ricotta cheese sliced into cubes
- Few thin rings of red onion
- ¼ of a small ice-berg lettuce shredded
- 30-50 ml x coriander vinaigrette
I absolutely love sausages. Big plan of mine is to make my own someday soon, but until then I will enjoy the fruits of my heritage, boerewors! My grand mother used to make her own, so when I grew up we had the best of the best. In thinking of this dish I was trying to take something I ate a whole lot while growing up and make it really delicious. A quick lunch when I was a kid was boerewors with eggs, tomato and salad. This is me, taking that memory and spicing it up a touch. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
When plating salads I like to make things look as organic and natural as possible. I will start with a bed of lettuce topped with the onion and ricotta. Then drizzle some dressing and carry on stacking the items on top finishing with the egg and a nice drizzle of the dressing. Serve warm.
- ½ cup coriander chopped fine
- ½ cup spring onion sliced finely
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups blend oil
- seasoning to taste
Combine everything in a bowl and mix well. Store in fridge.