God loves you…
not because you scored all the points on the sporting field
not because you are the most beautiful girl or buff dude
not because you gave like so much money to that charity
not because you got all “A’s” on the school report card
not because you spend 3 hours in prayer every day
not because you are a good person
not because you gave that car guard a whole ten rand the other day
not because of anything you did or will be able to do, you cannot earn God’s love…
but because He made you…
but because before you were woven in your mother’s womb He had a plan for you
so much that every single hair is counted on your head,
so much that your name is written on His hand
so much that He gave His own Son die on a cross so you may not have to die
Why would God do that?
Well the quick version is like this, God gave Adam and Eve the earth, they lived on it, He had a relationship with them, they were like friends, then satan convinced them God was not being totally honest, and they committed the first sin. Now, because God is Holy, sin cannot be in His presence, so for Adam and Eve’s safety God had to make them blind to His awesomeness. Problem with solving that problem is, because of it, we all inherited THE problem: we cannot see God because of sin. It is like sin makes a curtain between God and us.
Because God gave us humans the earth and we gave it away to satan, He will not just interfere here, it’s the spiritual law of free love, we must ask Him to come and fix stuff down here. It would be like me going into my neighbour’s house and giving counsel to him and his wife whom he is beating up, chances are, that neighbour will beat me up as well, but, if the neighbour sees he is wrong in beating his wife, but does not know how to fix the problem, and comes to me and asks me for some help in counselling, then I go and give my help.
Same with God, you have to pray and ask Him to come and help, it’s kind of like giving Him spiritual permission in your life, hence why praying is so extra important, God is a gentleman, He will never force Himself on you. You have to ask! Pray and pray and pray.
How does Jesus fit into this?
(3) He was despised and rejected by people. He was a man of sorrows, familiar with suffering. He was despised like one from whom people turn their faces, and we didn’t consider him to be worth anything.
(4) He certainly has taken upon himself our suffering and carried our sorrows, but we thought that God had wounded him, beat him, and punished him.
(5) He was wounded for our rebellious acts. He was crushed for our sins. He was punished so that we could have peace, and we received healing from his wounds.
(6) We have all strayed like sheep. Each one of us has turned to go his own way, and the LORD has laid all our sins on him.
(7) He was abused and punished, but he didn’t open his mouth. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. He was like a sheep that is silent when its wool is cut off. He didn’t open his mouth.
God needed a sacrifice to cover all of humanities sins, in Biblical times blemish free animals were killed and the blood then covered your sins, but that was not enough and certainly a lot trouble. So, God gave up Jesus, who was blemish free, who never sinned, an innocent man, His very own Son, to die for you and me. But it did not stop there, 3 days after that, Jesus was raised from the dead, so we can know that He is the Son of God and through Him we will also have eternal life.
How does that work?
(6) Jesus answered him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to the Father except through me.
(7) If you have known me, you will also know my Father. From now on you know him through me and have seen him in me.”
So now, today, Jesus’ blood covers all the things that you and me do wrong, once we are covered by the blood of Jesus, God does not see sin anymore, He sees Jesus. The only way to get to Heaven is to accept that you have sin, then to repent of that sin (to say sorry to God) and to accept Jesus as the sacrifice for that sin. Then you are sons and daughters of God too, you are Royalty!!
The bible clearly states in 2 Corinthians 5:17…
Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.
If only you knew…
How much God Loves you…